Glad you're a sponsor of KERA. That's how I found you. ” - Rick H.
331 Total Blog Posts
- Girdling Roots Are Tree Killers
- Tree Planting on a Grand Scale
- Diseases of Cypress Tree Species
- The Right Way to Mulch Your Trees
- A Bald Cypress Success Story
- Safe Road Lane Closures for Tree Care
- Class in Session for Denton Citizen Foresters and Preservation Tree
- Boost Your Soil with Microbes
- Safety Always Takes a Front Seat at Preservation Tree
- Top Flowering Trees for Texas: Early Spring Bloomers
- Fertilize Seasonally if You Want Strong Trees
- Are Your Trees Victims of Bad Pruning?
- Pruning in the Parks of Highland Park
- Billy Cook's Pro Tip Among 100 Ideas for Living a Beautiful Life
- Introducing our new SEASONS Bio-Fertilization Program
- Staking trees - when is this appropriate for your tree?
- City of Tyler Celebrates Arbor Day 2018
- Preservation Tree, The Consulting Group Assists In Hurricane Harvey Recovery Efforts
- Threats to Your Trees this Winter
- Hazardous Tree Removed from Plano's Oak Point Park & Nature Preserve
- PTS Arborists Joining Hurricane Harvey Recovery Push
- The Dallas Urban Forest
- Soil: The Foundation of Healthy Trees
- Ask an Arborist: What is causing these unusual markings on this tree's bark?
- Fall is Planting Time in Texas
- Plan-It Geo Workshop in Dallas Was a Hit!
- Join Us in the Green-Up North Texas Tree Planting Program and Help Celebrate Texas Arbor Day
- Grasshoppers Take a Swipe at City Plantings
- Texas Women's Tree Climbing Workshop
- Pest Alert: Emerald Ash Borer Arrives in Texas
- Prune Trees Now to Avoid Winter Damage
- 5 Top Texas Trees for Fall Color
- Watering & Care For Established Trees
- Getting to the (tree) root of the problem
- When is Scaffolding Used to Prune Trees?
- Preservation Tree Named to D Magazine's 2017 Best of Big D List
- Summer Watering & Care for New Trees
- Do Your Trees have Alcoholic Flux???
- Storms Wreak Havoc on North Texas Trees
- Common Pest Alert: Spider Mites
- Bagworms are Here: Could your trees be their next stop?
- Deformed Foliage on Your Pecan Trees?
- Safety comes first
- Attract Summer Birds
- What do DFW tree ordinances mean for your home and business?
- How do You Place a Value on Your Trees?
- How Cabling & Bracing Can Protect Trees from Storm Damage
- Can Your Trees Get Too Much Rain?
- New to Texas? Alternatives to Evergreen Conifers & Deciduous Magnolias.
- Crape Murder...avoid over-pruning these beautiful trees.
- When should you remove leaves from landscape beds?
- Disease Alert: Italian Cypress in Decline Across the Metroplex!
- Spring Pest Alert: Forest Tent Caterpillars
- The Heat is On! How to reduce heat stress in your urban trees.
- Think all bugs are bad? Not these bugs!
- Disease Alert: Fire Blight In Bradford Pears
- The Perfect Tree for Planting Under Power Lines
- Congratulations to Preservation Tree, the Consulting Group on their First Award!
- Love Your Soil. Don’t Rake Those Leaves!
- Hungry Trees: When should you fertilize?
- New to Texas? Plant these Texas Tough alternatives to Lilacs and Dogwoods
- Why we Love Oak Trees...and so Does Wildlife!
- What Happens When Your Tree Outgrows Its Welcome?
- Preservation Tree Services Helps Beautify Munger Place Historic District
- Oak Wilt Disease: There might be a time to prune your oaks in spring
- State of the Denton Urban Forest: Urban forests play an important role in the lives of city dwellers.
- Preservation Tree Services joins RETREET & The Texas Trees Foundation in Replacing Trees Lost in the Rowlett Tornado
- How did the Weather in 2016 Impact our Trees? Tips for healthier trees in the new year.
- How to Go Green With a Live Christmas Tree
- Protecting Trees from Winter Storms
- Stumped by the Tree Stump? 5 Reasons to Remove it.
- Dormant Oil in Winter Helps Prevent Spring Pests
- Let’s Give Thanks for Trees
- How Mowers, Weed Trimmers and Wire can Kill Your Tree
- Root Flare Exposure Exposed!
- When was the last time you tested your soil? It's been too long!
- How to Give Your Newly Planted Tree a Healthy Start
- How to Plant Young Trees the Right Way
- How to Prep Your Trees for Winter
- Are your trees hungry? Fall is time to feed!
- How Does the Soil Food Web Benefit Trees?
- Look Up...Do you see Fall Webworms in Your Trees?
- Storms Split Apart a Large Red Oak!
- Tree Protection is Critical During Construction
- Tree Removal: It’s okay to let go.
- Trees Hard Pruned to Clear Power Lines? What to do now.
- Summer Stressed Trees? Fall Tree Care can Help.
- Buying a new home? Get your trees inspected first.
- The Root of Your Tree’s Problem? Could be its roots!
- Tree Hazard: Sudden Branch Drop
- New Trees: To Stake or Not to Stake?
- Are Your Trees Under Attack from Summer Pests?
- When is it Okay to Prune Oak Trees in Spring?
- Congratulations to a Beloved Foreman on Earning his U.S. Citizenship!
- Summer Water Tips for Healthy Trees
- We’ve Partnered with the Texas Discovery Gardens to Preserve the Garden’s Beloved Trees
- Leaf Galls in Your Trees: Damaging or Not?
- Trees & Power Lines...the Battle Continues
- April Showers Bring May…Fungus?
- Fungal Conks: Are they dangerous to my tree?
- Are Your Trees a Hazard?
- Mycorrhizal Fungi: Funny name, big benefits!
- Can you prune oak trees in spring?
- Drought: Get a Jump Start on Summer Watering
- Don't Take Signs of Butt Rot Lightly
- Maintaining Trees Around Your Commercial Property
- Does Groundcover Hurt Your Trees?
- GREEN-UP DFW Tree Planting Program
- Pest Alert: Spring Aphids
- Want to reduce tree and landscape pests? Biodiversity is the solution.
- Brown Patches on Your Italian Cypress?
- Are Your Trees Thirsty?
- Not Your Everyday Removal in McKinney
- The Pitfalls of Poor Planting: Did You Accidentally Kill Your Tree?
- Warm Winter Weather = Spring Pest Explosion!
- Start the Year Off Right with Good Tree Care
- 10 Reasons to Recommit to Your Trees in 2016
- Mistletoe: Does it Hurt My Tree?
- Holiday Gift-giving Should Include Trees
- Preservation Tree Services Helps to Celebrate the Leaders in DFW Construction
- It’s getting cold outside...You still need to feed your trees!
- Create Privacy with Just-Right Trees & Shrubs
- Canopy Thinning, End-Limb Weight Reduction, and Winter Storm Preparedness
- Winter Storms: Are Your Trees Ready?
- Canopy Thinning, End-Limb Weight Reduction, and Winter Storm Preparedness
- 5 Benefits of Pruning Trees in Winter
- Ask a Certified Arborist: What’s your favorite deciduous tree?
- Get to Know our Staff: Meet Micah Pace, our Urban Forester
- Overgrowth in Trees: What’s the problem?
- Do Your Trees Have Spots? Could be Tabukia Leaf Spot
- Tree Pest Alert: Twig Girdler Beetles
- Tree Hazard: Sudden Branch Drop
- 5 Common DIY Tree Pruning Mistakes
- Has Your Tree Grown Too Big For Your Space? Learn how “Reduction Pruning” can help.
- Trees Stressed Out From Summer Heat & Drought? What You Should do Now.
- Squirrel Damage or Oak Wilt: Can you tell the difference?
- Have a Tree That Leans? We’ll Help You Straighten it Out.
- Skeletonizer Insects Attack Local Trees
- Are those tiny pinecones in my tree? No, they’re bagworms.
- Drip Irrigation Keeps Trees Looking and Feeling their Best
- Give your soil a breath of fresh air! Soil aeration reduces compaction and helps trees breathe.
- C’mon, show us your flare! Why tree root flares should be exposed.
- What is your tree’s life expectancy? Long- vs. short-lived trees.
- Water restrictions and urban trees
- Summer: Time to Prune Your Oak Trees
- Preservation Tree Services uses Arborjet to Heal Dallas Baptist University’s Trees
- Cabling & Bracing: Strengthen Your Trees for Storms
- Spring Storms = Saturated Soils & Tree Damage
- Are Your trees rotting from the inside out?
- How Too Much Mulch Can Kill Your Tree
- Concerns About Saturated Soil Around Tree Roots
- Bird Watch: Keep an eye out for these summer birds.
- Shade Tree vs. Your Lawn: Which Will Win?
- Tent Worms are Invading! Will They Harm Your Trees?
- Trees That Are Making You Sneeze in Texas!
- Three Favorite Flowering & Fruiting Trees For Small Spaces
- Want Healthy Trees? Get an Annual Tree Check-Up!
- Come See Us at Earth Day Texas April 24th-26th!
- Helping the Homeless by Reviving a Forgotten Dallas Property.
- Is your tree rotting away right under your nose?
- Is Ivy Growing Up My Tree a Bad Thing?
- Preservation Tree Helps Educate Local Tree Professionals
- Is this Oak Wilt Disease or Normal Leaf Drop?
- Giving Back: Creating a Safe Environment at Mercy Street School
- Getting Ahead of the Storm. Get a tree check up before it’s too late!
- What is destroying your pipes or sidewalk? Could be your tree’s roots.
- Ready to plant a new tree? How to choose the right tree.
- Is Mistletoe Harming My Tree?
- Recycle Your Fresh Christmas Trees
- Fruit Trees: When should I prune them?
- Winter is for the Birds!
- Did you know your trees can get a sunburn? Even in winter!
- Fall Foliage Color … Where Did It Go?
- Our Staff Keeps Up with New Arborjet Technology
- Give the Gift of Time
- Could your trees be the victim of herbicide damage?
- Do our trees sleep through winter?
- Bradford Pears
- Understanding How Your Neighbor’s Construction Could Damage Your Trees
- How Does Lightning Damage Trees?
- Clear & Present Danger: Codominant Tree Trunks
- Keep Winter Bugs at Bay with Dormant Oil
- Did you know ... Pecan Tree Facts.
- How Drought Now Will Hurt Your Trees For Years to Come
- Storm Damage: Fallen tree due to construction decades ago!
- Storms are destroying our trees: How can you prevent tree loss?
- Who are you hiring to trim your trees?
- Black Ooze...What’s Wrong With My Tree?
- How Do Trees Affect Your Urban Air Quality?
- Fall is for Fruit … Trees that is!
- More Flare Please!
- Are squirrels wreaking havoc on your trees?
- Tree Removal: Wrong Tree, Wrong Place
- Urban Forestry: Improving Life through Trees!
- What’s All the Stress About? Could Be Aphids!
- Celebrate Fall Arbor Day: Plant a Tree!
- Emerald Ash Borer is Approaching North Texas!
- 5 Reasons to Love & Protect Your Urban Trees
- Care for Your Trees in Stage 3 Water Restrictions
- Is Your Tree Dying? Could Be a Poor Planting Job!
- Texas Red Oak: A Native Favorite
- Aggressive Pests? Your Trees Might Need a Shot!
- Are Borers Eating Your Tree From the Inside Out?!
- Root Girdling: A Tree Killer
- New Construction? Better Protect Your Trees!
- Traveling this summer? Don't Forget to Water!
- Live in Ft. Worth? Oak Wilt is Spreading!
- Pest Alert: Squirrels are stripping your trees!
- Drought Stress: Your Trees Are More Susceptible to Pests & Disease!
- If your tree was screaming for help, would you hear it?
- Are Your Tree's Roots Strong Enough to Weather the Next Storm?
- Trees Planted in The Easement: Right or Wrong?
- Oak Leaf Blister: To Treat or Not to Treat?
- Not Fertilizing Your Trees? Big Mistake!
- Storms Destroy More Drought Stressed Trees in Dallas
- Tornadoes in Dallas! Storm Leaves Trees Battered.
- Right Tree, Right Place: Watch out for those Power lines!
- What's munching on your tree? Could be tent caterpillars!
- Good tree care and landscaping practices go hand in hand.
- The caterpillars are coming! Watch out for these leaf chewing critters on your trees.
- Storm damage to your trees? Don’t touch that power line!
- Want to Win a Japanese Maple? Come by Earth Day Texas!
- A Big Night for Leaders of Local Green Businesses
- Healing the Trees Affected by the Ice Storm of 2013
- Trees Are Leafing Out...What Now?
- Spring Tree Check-Up
- Tree Trimmings Left On the Easement: A Bad Idea!
- Could You Have Bacterial Leaf Scorch on Your Cedar Elm?
- Prevent Oak Wilt Now!
- Fire Blight: Now is the Time to Prevent!
- What's Wrong with My Oak? Could Be Hypoxylon Canker
- Spring Blooming Trees: Saucer Magnolia
- Should I Fertilize My Trees?
- Feed Your Trees!
- Preservation Tree Services & Texas Worm Ranch Go Great Together!
- Co-dominant Trunks: Common Cause of Tree Loss
- Removing Dead Trees at The Heard Museum
- University of Texas at Dallas: Protecting Trees During Construction
- Are Girdling Roots Hurting Your Tree?
- Extreme Tree Pruning: Pollarding and Crape Murder
- Trees: Our New Year's Resolutions for 2014
- Tree Tips: Winter Tree Care
- Dormant Oil: Great treatment for scale on trees
- Time to Feed Your Soil
- Fall is for Planting and Transplanting Trees and Shrubs
- Trees as Gifts? Yes, please!
- Keep the Birds Coming Back to Your Garden with Berries
- Green & Eco-Friendly at the Holidays: Decorate & Plant a Living Christmas Tree!
- Plan now for January Tree Care
- Our Top 5 Reasons to Plant Trees in Fall
- Friday, November 15th is America Recycles Day!
- Avoid Ice Storm Damage To Your Trees This Winter!
- Look up...Screech Owls!
- Problems With Your Ash Tree?
- Beneficial Insect: Parasitic Wasps
- Attract Orioles to Your Garden
- 5 Best Texas Shade Trees
- Monterrey Oaks: Shade solution that is less susceptible to oak wilt!
- How to spot tree care fakers!
- Urban Forest at The State Fair of Texas!
- Infographic: If Trees Could Talk!
- Our State Fair Booth Will Feature Recycled Trees as Furniture
- Fall is for Tree Planting!
- Fall Oak Wilt Treatment
- Poorly Pruned Trees are Dangerous!
- Save Your Tree by Air Spading Instead of Trenching
- Ginkgo Trees in Texas
- Question: Why are you pruning your tree? Goals for proper pruning.
- Five Common Tree Pruning & Trimming Mistakes
- How Trees Increase Your Property Value
- Fall Webworms are Here
- Broccoli Trees. What?!
- Feed Your Trees Liquid Compost to Improve Health!
- Native Texas Trees: Texas Buckeye
- Fall Tree color in DFW
- Fireblight Disease in Texas
- Tree Profile: Cedar Elm
- Brush Piles on the Easement: Right or Wrong?
- Landfill? No Way. We Recycle Your Trees!
- Urban Fruit Trees
- Choosing Trees to Attract Birds
- Time to Prune Oak Trees
- Stage 3 Water Restrictions in North Texas
- Feed your trees properly year-round
- Removing large established trees: Hard decision, but sometimes the right one.
- Preservation Tree Service: Experts in Emergency Tree Removals
- Soil Testing in Dallas and Fort Worth
- Risky Tree Removals
- When to prune oak trees? It's Oak Wilt season
- Fall Webworms Attack Pecan Trees
- Tent Caterpillar Infestation in your Trees!
- Oak Leaf Blister
- Arbor Day with Preservation Tree Services at Dallas Baptist University
- Preservation Tree Services Chicken Coop!
- Cool Wet Conditions Encourage Fungal & Bacterial Disease
- Pruning for Storm Readiness!
- Earth Day Dallas 2013
- What is the SEASONS plan?
- Reversion of Grafted Trees
- Hypoxylon Canker in Oaks: Part 1
- Why aerate soil around trees with an air spade?
- Preservation Tree partners with Commit! to Dallas
- Live Oak Leaf Drop
- Removal of a 100 Year Old Red Oak
- Construction Damage to Tree Roots
- Herbicide Damage to Trees
- Tree Services at Hillcrest and Park Lane
- Our Foreman earns his U.S Citizenship!
- What does it take to remove a tree stump?
- What should a tree planting hole look like?
- Preservation works with S & D Oyster Company in Dallas
- How the Experts Plant a Tree